The owner of the pole Marc Marquez retained the lead after the start, but was in the lead for several laps, first increasing advantage over rivals, however then lost control and flew into the gravel.
This error allowed the Maverick Vinales, which by the time of the incident erupted from sixth place to second, to become a leader and bring the race to victory.
Finished second to Valentino Rossi. The third was a rider of a private team LCR Honda’s cal Crutchlow.
MotoGP: Grand Prix of Argentina
1. Maverick Viñales (Yamaha) – Owned 41.45, 060
2. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) +2.915
3. Cal Crutchlow (Honda) +3.754
4. Alvaro Bautista (Ducati) +6.523
5. Johann Zarco (Yamaha) +15.504
6. Jonas Folger (Yamaha) +18.241
7. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati) +20.046
8. Scott Reading (Ducati) +25.480
9. Jack Miller (Honda) + 25.665
10. Karel Abraham (Ducati) +26.403.